Sunday, October 19, 2008
War of the Maki

I am such a maki fan. It started with California Maki since thats the most friendly looking one. hahaha, is there such a thing? Anyway, now im hooked with Omakase's Jurassic Maki. Everytime im there that's a constant order. While walking in Southmall i passed by Rai Rai Ken. I havent been to the latter and was curious if their maki would be at par with Omakase's. So one day, Hanz and I had merienda in Rai Rai Ken and realized that its a Ramen House. Again, my first time. We ordered Ramen and tried there Miso, Gyudon and their Jurassic Maki. We did that to make sure we could compare the taste from Omakase to Teriyaki Boy and Tokyo Tokyo hehehe.

Before i start, let me first introduce the Jurassic Maki so you know why im making a big fuzz out of it. It has : ebi tempura, kani, ebiko, salmon skin and unagi. Price wise its around 250php for both resto.


Omakase's Jurassic Maki served with Garlic Mayo and that soy perhaps. I dont know whats with the dip but its so sinful. This has a thicker unagi serving. Crunchy and very tasty.


Rai Rai Ken's Jurassic Maki, served with Wasabi mayo dip. Whilst this one has a longer unagi. I cant eat it whole in one go so i need to eat the top portion first. Which left me in thinking that the serving is larger.

The verdict: Im a very loyal customer, so its still Omakase's Jurassic Maki but if at anytime i would crave for it and its inconvenient to go to Alabang, then ill settle for Rai Rai Ken.

Labels:


Fantastic Fabulous Faith at 12:15 AM |

0 Comments: