Monday, December 25, 2006
So its Christmas time and my husband was generous enough to take me out of the house and see the hustle and bustle of the outside world, he should or else im going bonkers!!! I miss the outside world, as if naman i leave in a shell, the people hurrying to the mall to buy presents to put under the tree or speeding their way at the grocery counter to cook their Noche Buena.

This year i spent my Christmas in bed taking care of my son, im developing a rare case of selective autism, and the constant eating to terminate the food in the ref might get me FaT, please take away the fruit salad. Mental note i dont have Roo in me anymore so there's no reason for added weight.

The usual family reunion was not held on the 25th, it will happen before New Year. There were still the text greetings i received from friends and family near and far which made me feel loved. The only thing different this year is that i didn't open any presents at all and i didn't go to Divisoria to buy gifts. That was missing. This was the 1st year in my whole existence that no gifts were given and opened for Christmas. Come to think of it, i was mature enough not to whine about it since it can really be a BiG deal for me. Like i said, the best presents i got were not wrapped in a box with ribbons on it but real live people who made my life heaven on earth. I have my husband and my baby boy and my family and friends and a stable job and God on my side...what else could i wish for?

So really, Christmas is not about the gifts ( it goes on even without the gifts, believe me i know!) or the food on the table ( i can even sleep through it even without the fruit salad) or the merry makings ( i could even pass to go to the parties) its about giving yourself fully and unconditionally to people you care about and not thinking of it as a sacrifice but as an act of love. Like the baby born in the manger did a long long time ago.

Christmas is inevitable like change so you cant stop it from coming and instilling the love to live life with everyone....So again, Merry Christmas and spread the love.

Labels:


Fantastic Fabulous Faith at 10:20 PM |

0 Comments: