Monday, November 14, 2005
All these resumes are staring blankly at me. Waiting for my call. Waiting to be attended. I always have at least a new one on my desk everyday.

I graduated college 1999 and up until now it is hard to land a decent job in our country. If before the question of every company is LOYALTY, now the question would be Job Availability. What is a decent job? If only i could just sell ice cream so that even if it melts i can eat it or i get paid just lounging around but thats not how it is. One should take responsibility for one's action. Garbage in garbage out. In every action there's an equal reaction. Bummer!!!

I need to read Who Moved My Cheese again and feel that quesy feeling in my stomach ( which is a sign of stress). What is out there? Fear of the unknown.

I often ask the applicants, What makes them different from the other applicants? I get the same answer all over again, Hardworking, Perseverant, Assertive ...ako rin naman ah. Wala ba yung, I can tie a cherry stem using my tounge? or I can be whoever you want me to be? Pathetic!!!

We get burn out, so tired we are forcing ourselves to move out but with fear and laziness I bury myself in my hole. So deep i can hybernate. A "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door. I would put on my comfort music, junkfood and realize that i gained weight again. Oh, the life of an apathetic its so easy to live the art of procastination.

So now, i end up playing the games of normal people. Waking up on a brand new day. Dressing up for work, braving the traffic and facing the normal life of an office girl. Wishing that one day i would be brave enough to face what is out there and detach myself in this sheltered hole i dug myself into.

One day....some day....

Fantastic Fabulous Faith at 4:29 PM |

0 Comments: