Monday, October 30, 2006
Im so proud of myself this past few days. Of course there are still the constant bugging of my paranoia but that can be placed at the back of my mind for now. Ive once again finished another book.

Yaya In Bloom. Its the sequel of The Divine Secrets of the Yaya Sisterhood. When I first read the Divine Secrets i was in Morong, Bataan with Hanz for our yearly out of town trip. Its was in the heat of the sun i was under a cottage and no one is in the vicinity, its as if we own the whole resort. Then later that night/ early morning, while we were snoozing an earthquake with the intensity 6 woke us up and we decided to pack our bags and leave (this happened way before the tsunamin scare).
Anyways, that story reminded me of that trip and when i saw the second book in Booksale (my favorite bookstore) i bought it right away. For a hardbound which cost 120php and a story that could, its was a good buy.


The story was told mostly by the Ya-Ya's(the mother's, original characters from the 1st book) and some of the Petite Ya-Ya's (their kids) and they included the Tres Petite Ya-Ya's (the grandkids).

When Roo can see and listen well enough we will teach him the importance of reading which i personally believe is better than the tellie. I will read to him kiddie books with matching character voices. Thanks to my mom who at an early age instilled in me the value of books and taking care of it. The very first book i read was The Secret Garden and i was at the bowling lane with my mom while she was practicing her strikes. I even lost my ring at the restroom. Oh memories....

If you are familiar with the story and you want to know your Ya-Ya name you can visit this site

Fantastic Fabulous Faith at 2:38 AM |

0 Comments: