Saturday, February 04, 2006
Ok Ok....so sue me for being worldly but splurging only comes twice a year, Birthday and Christmas.

Im turning another year older in this month of love and im so excited to buy my birthday gift.

My wishlist for my birthday:

1. Shu Uemura eyelash curler

Ive been waiting for a full year to have this in the Philippines (sold only in Rustan's Tower and Makati) and 6 months for its availability. Its so in time for my birthday!!! That gives me a valid reason to buy my new make-up companion. So happy!!!
Bought one this afternoon. Tried it and i felt like Betty Boop. So nice. Now i have to buy a new mascara to match it. Vanity!!!!

2. A new book! Love in the time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
Another latin writer, so excited to have it and read it. Been reading book reviews and its a must read, got to check it out for myself. Right now its for reservation in all outlets of Powerbook. So i will wait, patiently.

Grabe, my room looks like a library. Right now, im a little held back because most of the books i find in Booksale(best book store) are about Getting Married. hmmm...its a sign.

3. A pair of jeans. Tried one this afternoon in Mango, it looks so ordinary. Instead of buying one for myself, i bought one nicely embellished jeans for my mom. For her birthday, another Aquarian. Hope i could borrow it.

Now, im not wishing for a new pair of jeans. I made up my mind. I dont like it anymore. (Talk about fickle)

4. Courage. To tell my family that im getting married this December. If only there's any Courage available in any store id get one.

I just feel that when i share my thoughts with them about marriage, they wont like it or ill get a cold shoulder. Of course they like Hanzel no question about that, i just dont want them to think im a grown woman whom they cannot baby anymore.

Oh that's my innerchild typing a while ago.

5. Stable job. Of course NOT in the ranch. I would be starting a new career this year ( rhyming?)and im so excited to venture into that. So i have a new career, new challenges to face and a psuedo-wedding planner. Nice! So darn busy.

6. No More Additional Taxes.
Ok i would sound political here but what the heck! Im reading the papers, im watching the news, im a consumer, im a commuter....in everywhere Peso counts. I still love this country and i wont leave it to the dogs. Makibaka, wag matakot!

7. Will power. To fight my procastination. To jog and sprint and move my body and not too dine in every restaurant i want. Arrrgghhh, talk about my motto - ONE NEW RESTO A MONTH. Almost all the resto i want to try are Expensive and fattening. Im such a lazy bone Garfield.

8. and World Peace. Peace of mind, peace of the spirit, inner peace...Peace. For me, for my loveones, for the community and for the world.

Let's help make this world a better place to live in. Act freely and remember that you are no less than the trees and the stars, you have the right to be here. Stop me or i'll sing Desiderata. Its now playing in my head.



---------------------------------

Of course, there are other material things like an I-pod Nano and good suppliers for my wedding which isnt bad to wish for but the only thing that prevails and is important is the relationship you share, directly or inderictly with other beings.

If i tend not to care because i just want to be alone. - I would find quality time to share with the people who matters to me.

If i want to rant more and pout. - I would try to put myself in the other person's shoes and keep in mind that pouting or frowning causes wrinkles.

If i splurge too much on the material possesions which i buy because i want my kids to know who i am based on the books that i read and the music that i listen before they come in this world. - I'll just take it one step at a time. Hopefully, when they come i can still have time to listen to my music and read my books and spend money to have new ones.

Another year older, another year wiser.

Fantastic Fabulous Faith at 12:22 AM |

0 Comments: