Wednesday, February 25, 2009
No Reservations: The Philippines

I wouldnt pass the chance to watch Anthony Bourdain's visit in the Philippines but i did. So i really was praying for someone to post it in Youtube and my prayer was answered.

I am currently watching it and i am so proud of Ivan and Claude who knows Manila and Pampanga respectively to give the trivial rundown of its food and culture.

Augusto, who won the fan choice award, toured Tony to Cebu. Listening to his plight of identity crisis, lead me to believe that we as a Filipino would intensely embrace the culture the colonizers had and make it our own. Making us a melting pot of sort, thus in a way would make us lose our identity.

It was amuzing to see Tony savor Lechon Cebu...owww how i love the Lechon from the South. As what Tony said: Best pig ever!!!

I am so proud of my country. The sight, the sound, the food...the people....

Labels: , ,


Fantastic Fabulous Faith at 12:57 AM |

0 Comments: