Wednesday, June 08, 2005
I received a very heart warming message in the mail by Chammy, one of my College bestfriends. I post it here for you to read, as well as my reaction at the bottom.

When I was young, I used to believe in the concept of one best friend.
And I found out that if you allowed your heart to open up, life would show you the best in many friends.

One friend's best is needed when you're going through things with your children. Another friend's best is needed when you're going through things with your mom. Another when you want to shop, share, heal,hurt,joke, or just be.

One friend will say let's pray together, another let's cry together, another let's fight together, another let's walk away together.

One friend will meet your spiritual need, another your shoe fetish, another your love for movies, another will be with you in your
season of confusion, another will be your clarifier, another the wind beneath your wings.

But whatever their assignment in your life, on whatever the occasion, on whatever the day, or where ever you need them to meet you with their gym shoes on
and hair pulled back or to hold you back from making a complete fool of yourself... those are your friends.

It may all be wrapped up in one person, but for many it's wrapped up in several... one from 7th grade, one from high school, several from the college years, a couple from old jobs, several from church, on some days your mother or father, on others your sister or brother, and on some days it's the one that you needed just for that day or week that you needed someone with a fresh perspective, or the one who didn't know all your baggage, or the one who would just listen without judging... those are best friends.

I thank my friends, those who honor intimacy, those who hold trust, and those who hold me up when life is just too heavy! The special bond we share is
unique.

Thanks for the words we've shared. The prayers we've sent up. The laughs, the tears, the phone calls, the emails, the shopping, the movies, the lunches, the dinners, the talking, talking, talking and the listening, listening, listening....

So whether you've been there 40 minutes or 26 years,I love and appreciate you! In many ways, however little, however big, you make a difference in my life.


This holds true!!!!

I have few friends for keeps but too many bestfriends in them. Sometimes i find it weird to put labels to them, like she's my bestfriend or she's my closest friend ever, it might degrade the person or put her on a pedestal.

Sometimes even adjectives cant describe how i love my friends. Like I always tell them i see bits and pieces of me in them thats why i appreciate their differences and uniqueness.

I love my friends and whenever i may be i hope i could be- friend everybody. Of course at times there will be rotten eggs in a group of people or there may be times you wont get along with the rest so better choose the people you associate yourself.

Some say that you be-friend those out of your circle to see what your missing but sometimes based on comfort level you tend to choose only few.
Im proud to say that wherever i go, may it be within my family, my boyfriend, in Villamor, in Malate, in St. Scho, in Philam Las Pinas, DNATA and other places i have friends and a handpicked bestfriends in each places as well.

Some of those where all through out friends, others where enemies turned friends, others are mentors and the rest are soul sisters.

I hope you'll find your space under the sun with a whole lot of bestfriends around.

Fantastic Fabulous Faith at 9:35 PM |

0 Comments: