Monday, June 14, 2010
I came to realize that aside from naming my baby Freedom because it starts with F and its a non conventional name, its such a sweet coincidence that his birth month is June.

June 1 is Freedom's day.


Last June 1, 2010 at exactly 0750H i gave birth via Cesarean section to my second and God willing last baby. Freedom Jakob C. Santos was born weighing 6.11 kilos.
I was wheeled in the Operating Room of Perpetual Help Hospital at 0700H and was fighting the grogginess but what the heck, i have no one to talk to and eventually i wouldn't want to hear the doctors so i decided to conk out. I was soo afraid to go under the knife again but the Anesthesiologist was very talkative that i was relaxed while i was given 3 shots at the back. You know the feeling of watching your dreams, thats how i felt when i was there. I remember the last thing i said was " I cant breathe", then they placed the oxygen mask on my face. Next thing i knew they were asking me if i want to see my baby. They placed the crying baby beside me and i remember saying "Dont cry mommy is here" and kissed him. What ever part of that i was able to kiss. I wasnt able to count the fingers and toes.

When i was in the recovery room i was so much eager to see my baby. My first recollection was that i smiled, i checked is my facial muscles are still working. Then i was trying to move my legs as i know the nurse will ask me that. I was wondering when are they going to approach me but they didnt so i slept again and again. By 12 noon at long last they ask me if i can move my legs and i was ready for it. They wheeled me back to my room and i was so relieved to see my hubby.

I asked the nurse if i could talk and they approved. I asked my hubby if he was able to take a picture of Butter. I was happy looking at the pictures.

The following day i really want them to room in Butter so i can breastfeed him but it was already noon and they still havent room him in. I still have not seen my baby boy. I asked them to bring me to the nursery and seeing the little baby for the first time made me want to cry. I held him so tight with full love and longing.

After almost a week. I was able to recover from the pain of the stitches. Butter is breastfed ( will make another blog about my Breastfeeding experience) and im enjoying being a mom of two boys and to have a very supportive husband. Life is good.

Labels: ,


Fantastic Fabulous Faith at 5:38 PM |

0 Comments: