Tuesday, December 28, 2004
I have weak knees! Last October 23, 2004 I had an accident that made me drag my right foot and limp while walking. I felt sorry for myself because the day after the accident was the Golden Wedding Anniversary of my Grandparents (Don Engracio and Doñas Leoniza). I was carried like a sack of rice and limped like mad. I go to places in my swevel chair and I was bandaged like crazy!

I went to see two orthopedic doctors and the first one said I need to have my ligaments tightened so I need to undergo an operation, the other doctor advised me to undergo therapy to strengten my Quads and Hamstring ( sounds like the old Gloriettta and Noche Buena to me). I did the latter from the advise of the people around me and the Medical Insurance.

November 3, 2004, I started my therapy in Perpetual Las Piñas. I thought it was like a facial treatment so I wore my uniform. To my surprise or my ignorance for that matter, I was required to do leg raise which doesn't look good in skirt. Good thing my attendant Cathy was such an angel. She covered up my exposing underwear everytime I need to raise my leg. I started with leg raise with 1 pound ankle weights, I wasnt able to lift my leg for pete's sake!

After my six sessions I started having friends there and my ankle weights were upgraded to Black, im bragging!!!!. The interns, the staff and even one of my ka Barkadahan was there but I went to see the rehab doctor and she said I need to undergo 9 sessions more and after the nine another 6 more. I was getting depressed because I felt I was not getting any better. My cash supply is depleting and the medical Insurace would only pay for 14 sessions. Im not complaining, I sound like I am, but I dont know were to get 285 pesos every session. Thank heavens for Mothers!!! My ever generous Mother couldnt afford seeing her only daughter limping like a sick puppy at home. She paid for the remaining sessions.

December 20, 2004, after all the sessions It felt bittersweet. I am free already. In medical terms I was discharge. I cant explain the feeling of not going to Perpetual again and not seeing my friends and crush again. Indeed it was bittersweet. On my last day I hugged Cathy and thanked her for putting up with me and my kalokohan. I hope I gave her more than just material stuff but the power not to worry about things that will happen and to CHILL.

This blog is also for my crush, who I had an on and off feeling for. I wont tell who he is because I know Im a bit of his stalker but I really liked him. I know my boyfriend will KILL me for this but as usual...im not thinking AGAIN!!!!
Anyway, we live in a small community so I wish I could bump into Him on of this days. Hint Hint....

Fantastic Fabulous Faith at 5:13 AM |

0 Comments: